Thursday, April 24, 2008

Oh my goodness, Bev Perdue has unleashed the big gun.....Andy Griffith!

I was sitting at my desk yesterday and heard a familiar voice coming from the tv. It was good ole Andy Griffith. I said to myself, "That can't be. It's not time for Opie, Andy and Aunt Bea to come on the tube." Well, sure enough, it was Andy. He was telling me that Bev Perdue was the right choice for Governor. He told me that she was going to make a goooooood governor! The last time this happened, Mike Easley was losing ground in his bid for governor to Richard Vinroot. Something had to be done so the Democratic Party powers called on Sheriff Taylor to help out. Sure enough, with Andy's support, the election was over. I guess since Richard Moore has been closing the gap in the polls, Bev didn't want to take any chances. And of course, Andy does know what's best for us! I just wish the world was like Mayberry....much simplier and much more civil. However, the most important opinion to me is that of Barney. Now he was a lawman! Nip it in the bud!!!!

2 comments:

Andrew Duppstadt said...

A colleague of mine has observed that Richard Moore could counter the Griffith endorsement of Perdue with his own endoresements from Billy Graham and Michael Jordan. Would the two of them combined tote as much weight as old Andy?

Chris Grimes said...

Nope! Plus Billy wouldn't go against Andy. As for Jordan, Andy will have Barney take him out!