Thursday, May 1, 2008

Sailing...Takes me away....

Well, almost as I doubt we will be doing any sailing. However, we will get to look at some pretty nice ships while we are at Beaufort, NC this weekend for the NC Maritime Museum's annual boat show. The crew will split this weekend with part of us portraying Civil War Union sailors and the others portraying 1812 US sailors. I've just about recovered from last weekend's fun at Plymouth (It's so much fun to have Cushing's Launch to play with) and have started making swivel gun rounds for this weekend. Also, I will get to break in my new 1812 era topper that was made for me by Mr. Matt Brenckle of the USS Constitution Museum in Boston, MA. It looks great but it's much bigger than what I was expecting. Matt is an ECU alum who received his Master's from the maritime history department. Anyway, come check us out at Beaufort if you get a chance. We will be over at the Gallants Channel Annex property. See you there!

No comments: