Thursday, July 10, 2008

"Rocking and Rolling, Splishing and Splashing".....the Voyage Home!

Well, I arrived in Norfolk in the wee hours of the morning today and am glad to be home! I do miss my waiters and cabin steward as it was nice to be pampered for 5 days. As for the title of this blog, we experienced quite a bit of wave action on the way home and throughout the night. Evidently, these rough waters were the result of the approaching Hurricane Bertha. However, it didn't ruin my evening in the cigar bar enjoying a nice glass of port and a Rocky Patel (It hurt my wallet, though!). Tomorrow it will be back to work and back to the daily grind. One bright spot though, I get to spend Saturday working at the Mariner's Museum with my bud, Al Mitchell. For the first time, I get to wear gray while working as an interpreter! Whoopee!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Andrew Duppstadt said...

So what's your opinion of the Rocky Patel? The lady at Tinderbox in New Bern tried to get me to buy one, but it was too rich for my blood (at least on that particular day). Does it really live up to all the hype?

Tell Salty Sam I said hello, and you two start talking about making arrangements for Fort Macon weekend, as it looks like we probably won't be moved yet.

Chris Grimes said...

It was the bomb! It ranks as one of the very best cigars I have ever smoked. I also had a glass of Dowes port that had to be the best port I have ever tasted. Actually, the port was more than the cigar, however, I didn't know it at the time. I did get a glass of Barcadi Select Rum out of the deal, though.