Sunday, July 6, 2008

The voyage begins.....

Today was my first full day at sea. Kippered Herring for breakfast and roast duck with oxtail soup for dinner, what tasty victuals have I devoured! I have felt as if I was on a 74 for most of the day as the seas were a bit rough last night and most of morning. It did clear in time for my afternoon cigar and a dark & stormy (they actually had ginger beer!). Tonight was absolutely gorgeous with a sliver of the moon visable as I enjoyed an evening cigar and irish coffee in the cigar lounge. Tomorrow, we arrive at the Royal Navy Dockyards in Bermuda. Me thinks that I will lead the family on a tour of St. George and Hamilton. So far, the trip has been a blast as I have been able to rest, relax, eat and enjoy a bit of Hornblower to kill a bit of time. The next few days, however, will be busy with being a tourist. So until later in the voyage....

3 comments:

Andrew Duppstadt said...

I don't believe you're checking email and blogging from the cruise ship. I don't know whether to call you extremely dedicated or a total loser. However, the update was appreciated as it sounds like a fantastic time so far!

Chris Grimes said...

Actually buzzing really, really good! Plus, I'm with the family and not any of my shipmates!

Andrew Duppstadt said...

I'll have to agree at least in part with Lori's email to you. You should be out enjoying the company and comforts of some attractive member of the opposite sex (or something like that).