Monday, February 25, 2008

He looks familiar......

As I was sitting around with my shipmate, Mike Williams, at Moore's Creek on Saturday, Mike began noting how certain people, either other reenactors or the public, looked like certain actors in the movies he had watched. What a peculiar way to pass the time when we weren't engaging the public about the wares we had displayed before us. There was a gentlemen who resembled someone in the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Another lady could have passed for Meryl Streep. Then I pointed out that our militia captain closely resembled Mel Gibson's dog-eating compadre from the Patriot. Of course, there is the fact that I resemble George Costanza that no one seemed to mention. See what kind of fun we living historians have at events?

2 comments:

Michael W. said...

Hey Shipmate!

You forgot the fellow that looked like Billy Leach from the Black Swan. When you watch people enough, it becomes second nature. It was fun working with you shipmate!

M.

Chris Grimes said...

I know there was someone I was forgetting. LOL