Friday, February 22, 2008

It's Moore's Creek or bust this weekend....

Well, for the third consecutive weekend, I'm off to fight the war (as some of my non-reenacting friends say). This weekend finds me at Moore's Creek (Currie, NC) for the commemoration of the battle fought there at the beginning of the American Revolution. Patriotic North Carolinians led by the likes of James Moore, Richard Caswell and Alexander Lillington went up against Loyalist North Carolinians led by Donald McCleod and John Campbell. Let's just say that it didn't go very well for the Loyalists as a great number of them were armed with broadswords. For more info about the battle, the site and this weekend's event, go to: http://www.nps.gov/mocr/ . I'll be falling in with the gracious folks of the 6NC portraying patriot militia. I will also be hanging out with my buddy, pal and rum aficionado, Mike Williams, who will be portraying either a sailor or a surgeon, depending on how the mood strikes him. Hopefully, I will also get to shoot the park's swivel gun which is representing Mother Covington's Daughter, Richard Caswell's 1/2 pounder swivel gun. Gotta luv some black powder!

No comments: